So we have to get used to a new normal. And for the near future, the new normal is pretty whacked, let’s be honest.
On the plus side, this is a great opportunity to catch up on stuff, do those pesky little things that I never get the time to finish, to expand my knowledge, spend more quality time with the kids.
So here is a bucket list of things I could do while in self-isolation. I am not saying that I will get to all of this, but it’s going to be a good list to refer to when I get bored, restless or just frustrated.
Also, if I write about any of the stuff I do, I will link to the blog post, and of course I will add to (and subtract from) the list as things evolve.
There is no timeline on this, and no pressure. Just a way to stay focussed and motivated.
Personal Projects etc
Clean up this blog: improve categories and tags, add newsletter signup, catch-up on all my Waldenstrom posts/news, expand blog to more “lifestyle” stuff, so I can work with brands and be invited to events when isolation lists and get awesome press drops like all the cool bloggers do (ha ha)(Update: I think I have done this!)
- Clean up all my social media profiles, incl about page and profile pic on Facebook, LinkedIn, IG, Twitter etc
- Increase my Twitter following to 3000 ppl
- Become more active on LinkedIn (maybe…right now I hate that platform)
- Review my LinkedIn contacts and see if I can identify any good opportunities/synergies
- Expand eved.co.za for professional purposes
- Write for real publications (Daily Maverick, etc). This includes identifying those publications and pitching.
Shows and Movies
I need a serious catch-up here! Here are the shows I want/need to watch:
- Killing Eve
Modern Family, Season 6-11(Update: done!)
- How to get away with murder
How I met your Mother (Season 2+)(Update: Gave up on the series, couldn’t get into it)
- Big Little Lies, Season 2
- Finish The Morning Show
- Finish/Catch up on Suits
- Atypical (season 2 +)
- Finish The Politician
The Good Place (season 3+)(Update: done!)
- Stranger Things, Season 2+
- The Marvellous Mrs Maisel
- Mad Men
- West Wing
- House of Cards (season ?? +)
- Brooklyn 999
- The Complete Ruby on Rails course (Udemy)
- Node.js (Udemy)
- Illustrator CC (Udemy)
- Any post on this list of 450 free Ivy League courses. I want to do this with Micole, so that I can help prepare her for her college phase (if she even goes in September, who knows???).
- Write regularly on this blog
- Write professionally (see above)
- Plot a book
- Write a book
- See “courses” above
- How to shoot and edit a vlog
Activities with Kids
- Board games
- Lego (we have 3 mega boxes to build!)
- Jigsaw Puzzles
- Find something/somewhere that we can do OUTSIDE the house